Kannur bound Kozhikode-Kannur KSRTC town to town bus had a narrow escape from fire at Koyilandy bus stand on Friday night.
A spark of flame occurred with heavy smoke while the bus had stopped for dropping passengers around 8.30 pm.The passengers were evacuated rapidly to avoid risk.
Screaming of women and children created chaos in the bus stand for few minutes.
Bus driver, a native of Kozhikode, Manoj Kumar said the spark originated from a headlight cable in front of the driver’s seat due to a short circuit.
“I put down the flames with my hands to stop its spreading. If it had happened on the move, the flame might have easily spread over “-he said.
The bus KL15-6525 discontinued its trip there.